My extended family owns Los Gringos Locos. Previously, I was an administrator for AJ schools. Please consider the following points:
- Yes, we pay lots of taxes.
- AJ school’s tax rate is one of the lowest it the county.
- The state of Arizona is effectively and intentionally attempting to do away with public schools in favor of charters and private schools. If you do your research, you will find this is fact.
- If you think schools should run as businesses, I want you to know that a business supported as schools are in Arizona would already be bankrupt or on its last legs.
- The only districts that can really teach kids to their potential are the ones being supported by overrides by local taxpayers.
- AJUSD’s retirement population, which I love, has effectively voted down the last number of overrides.
- I know our retired population, of which I belong, to be wonderful, kind, caring, giving people. However, they are continually fed half truths and lies about public education in general and AJ schools in particular.
- Interesting note, a new garbageman is paid more than a new teacher.
Please vote yes. I promise my family and I are.
The opinion page features letters to the editor. To submit a letter, email email@example.com. Letters are not the views of the Apache Junction Independent or Independent Newsmedia Inc USA.